Curbside Limb Pickup Policy
- Brush and limbs will be picked up at your curb by the City of Ely Public Works Department every Monday starting at 8 AM during the months of April – October at no charge.
- All limbs must be cut to a length not to exceed 8 foot and must be less than 6 inches in diameter.
- All limbs must be trimmed of smaller branches.
- All limbs and brush shall be placed by the curb in a neat pile. Please avoid one large pile but rather put in a couple smaller piles for easy hand pickup.
- DO NOT TIE OR BUNDLE BRUSH TOGETHER. Simply place them at the curbside.
- All brush and limbs will be chipped on sight and may leave a small amount of debris, the home owner will be responsible to “sweep” this up occasionally.
- PLEASE DO NOT PLACE LEAVES, GARDEN WASTE, WEEDS OR GRASS CLIPPINGS CURB SIDE THEY WILL NOT BE PICKED UP. These items can be taken to the compost bunker outside of the fence at the sewer plant.
- This service is not intended for the removal of an entire tree but is for trimmings only. If you are removing an entire tree you should arrange to have it removed and hauled away.
- In the case of a wind storm, or an emergency event, this policy may be changed to accommodate the extra material.
- Questions can be directed to city hall at 319-848-4103.