Permits & Applications


ATV/Golf Cart Registration

To register or renew a ATV/golf cart permit, fill out the renewal/application form, provide a copy of the current insurance coverage, and drop it off at Ely City Hall with the $25.00 renewal fee. It is necessary to bring the golf cart or ATV to City Hall for a quick visual inspection.

  • The permit is only for the vehicle. Individual people do not need a permit as long as the vehicle is registered with Ely.
  • Registrations are valid April 1 through March 31, and need to be renewed by April 1 every year.
  • Registration and renewal fee is $25 per year.
  • The City Clerk/Administrator has to inspect the vehicle before issuing or renewing a registration to make sure it meets ordinance requirements. This just takes a few minutes.
  • “Off-Road Utility Vehicles” are considered the same as golf carts for permit and driving purposes.
  • The number of people in the vehicle can not exceed the number of seats installed by the manufacturer.
  • The registration sticker has to be displayed visibly and prominently on the left rear fender.
  • ATVs may only be operated on streets when engaged in: snow removal, gardening or lawn work or associated with a City Council approved event.
  • Golf carts need to have headlights and tail lights.You can stop by City Hall any time between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday to register or renew your permit.

Golf Cart Registration Form

Peddlers, Solicitors, and Transient Merchants Applications

Looking to sell door-to-door or become a temporary merchandiser? Fill out the application below and return to City Hall.

Peddlers, Solicitors, and Transient Merchants Application

Urban Chicken Permit Application

Interested in having an urban chicken coop on your property? If so, you must apply for a permit through the City and follow specific regulations. You can find the application below:

Urban Chicken Application