Want to get involved on a board or commission with the City of Ely? Fill out the application below. Return the completed form to City Hall by mail (PO Box #248) or in person.
Avoid mailing in or stopping by to City Hall by signing up for automatic withdrawal!
ATV/Golf Cart Registration
To register or renew a ATV/golf cart permit, fill out the renewal/application form, provide a copy of the current insurance coverage, and drop it off at Ely City Hall with the $25.00 renewal fee. It is necessary to bring the golf cart or ATV to City Hall for a quick visual inspection.
- The permit is only for the vehicle. Individual people do not need a permit as long as the vehicle is registered with Ely.
- Registrations are valid April 1 through March 31, and need to be renewed by April 1 every year.
- Registration and renewal fee is $25 per year.
- The City Clerk/Administrator has to inspect the vehicle before issuing or renewing a registration to make sure it meets ordinance requirements. This just takes a few minutes.
- “Off-Road Utility Vehicles” are considered the same as golf carts for permit and driving purposes.
- The number of people in the vehicle can not exceed the number of seats installed by the manufacturer.
- The registration sticker has to be displayed visibly and prominently on the left rear fender.
- ATVs may only be operated on streets when engaged in: snow removal, gardening or lawn work or associated with a City Council approved event.
- Golf carts need to have headlights and tail lights.You can stop by City Hall any time between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday to register or renew your permit.
Peddlers, Solicitors, and Transient Merchants Applications
Looking to sell door-to-door or become a temporary merchandiser? Fill out the application below and return to City Hall.