The policy below was approved by Ely City Council on February 15, 2021.
- The Clerk shall prepare and issue bills for service accounts on or before the first day of each month.
- Payments shall be received at the office of the Clerk by the 20th day of each month or the first business day thereafter if the 20th is on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday.
- Bills not paid by 8am on the first business day following the due date shall be considered delinquent.
- A one-time late penalty of $10.00 shall be added to each delinquent bill.
- A reconnection fee of $60.00 shall be charged if the request is made during normal business hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday – Friday, excluding holidays.
- A reconnection fee of $100.00 shall be charged if the request is made outside of normal business hours.
- In total, the delinquent account balance, late fee of $10.00 and the reconnection fee shall be paid prior to service being restored.
- An account which has had services disconnected OR two (2) or more delinquencies within six (6) months, shall be required to pay a security deposit of $150.00.
- If the account again becomes delinquent with an outstanding balance thirty (30) days post billing date, City Council have the authority to deduct the bill from the security deposit, as well as require an additional security deposit.
- Habitually delinquent accounts may be subject to increased security deposits amounts.
- The deposit shall be refunded only after the account has been closed and any outstanding charges have been deducted.
- Payment arrangements will be accepted to help clear past due accounts.
- To avoid disconnection, a signed statement must be on file with the City by 9:00am on the day that services are to be discontinued.
- If the customer does not fulfill the agreement as signed, the arrangement will be void. Services will be disconnected until the account has been paid in full.