CITY OF ELY, IOWA
The City of Ely is seeking applications for the position of Custodian at the Ely Community Center, City Hall, and city park restrooms (seasonally). This is a part-time cleaning position, usually requiring between 5-10 hours per week depending on rentals. City of Ely Employment Application required and accepted until position if filled. Inquiries may be directed to Luanne Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or Denise Hoy at email@example.com or by calling City Hall 319-848-4103. EOE.
To download an application, click here.
Compost Bunker Policy
Effective 10/29/18: The compost pile is no longer at the Public Works Sewer Plant off of Vista Road. It has permanently moved to 370 Jappa Road (the water tower site).
- Yard and garden waste may be taken to the compost bunker all year round
- NO sticks, twigs or branches are permitted in the compost pile (please see curbside limb pickup below)
- When dropping off load, dump waste as far back into the bunker as you can get
- Use caution when entering and exiting the water tower site off of Jappa Road
- Questions can be directed to 319-848-4103
The Ely City Council Special Meeting has been set for Monday October 29, 2018, 6:00 pm at Ely City Hall 1570 Rowley Street, Ely. This meeting is to discuss the three Capital Projects: Hoosier Creek Trunk Sewer, Northern Water Main Extension and State Street Resurfacing Project.
2017 Water Quality Report for Ely, Iowa
Ely’s water quality report for the year of 2017 is now available. Please view the image below or to download in pdf form, click here.
Curbside Limb Pickup Policy
- Brush and limbs will be picked up at your curb by the City of Ely Public Works Department every Monday starting at 8 AM during the months of April – October at no charge.
- All limbs must be cut to a length not to exceed 8 foot and must be less than 6 inches in diameter.
- All limbs must be trimmed of smaller branches.
- All limbs and brush shall be placed by the curb in a neat pile. Please avoid one large pile but rather put in a couple smaller piles for easy hand pickup.
- DO NOT TIE OR BUNDLE BRUSH TOGETHER. Simply place them at the curbside.
- All brush and limbs will be chipped on sight and may leave a small amount of debris, the home owner will be responsible to “sweep” this up occasionally.
- PLEASE DO NOT PLACE LEAVES, GARDEN WASTE, WEEDS OR GRASS CLIPPINGS CURB SIDE THEY WILL NOT BE PICKED UP. These items can be taken to the compost bunker outside of the fence at the sewer plant.
- This service is not intended for the removal of an entire tree but is for trimmings only. If you are removing an entire tree you should arrange to have it removed and hauled away.
- In the case of a wind storm, or an emergency event, this policy may be changed to accommodate the extra material.
- Questions can be directed to city hall at 319-848-4103.
Every two years, the City of Ely staff and Council complete a goal setting session where they reflect on the previous 24 months as a whole, as well as set goals and priorities for the next two years. To view a summary of the 2018 session, click here.
2018-2019 Golf Cart Registration
This is your annual Golf Cart/ATV Permit Registration Reminder!
If your golf cart is already registered, your current permit will expire on March 31, 2018.
Annual registrations are valid April 1 through March 31.
Registration/Renewal Fee $25. City Clerk/City Administrator must inspect the vehicle before issuing or renewing.
To view the City ordinance on Golf Carts, click here.
To download the fillable registration form, click here.
You can find the Mayor’s Letter HERE!
The City of Ely 2019 Recycling Calendar has been released. Waste pick-up is every Monday. Recycling will be picked up every other Monday, in the gray boxes shown below.
To download a printable version, click here.